Elizabeth loves a good cup of coffee. As our head coffee roaster she is in the right line of work. Precision is essential as she crafts exceptional roasts from bean to cup. Her pour over routine is no different. Precise to the last step. Here is how she makes a great cup of coffee at home.
- Baratza Burr Grinder
- Jennings CJ4000 Scale
- Tiny wooden spoon
- Favorite ship mug
- Bonavita Electric Kettle
- Favorite coffee (Naranjo)
- Weigh out 20g of coffee
- Grind med-fine
- Heat water to 200º
- Rinse filter and mug with hot water
- Bloom coffee for 30 seconds
- Stir at the beginning of the bloom to saturate grounds
- Continue adding water in circular motion
- Add 300g water by 1min 45sec.
- Give V60 a swirl
- Finish at 3 to 3.5 minutes
If you want to drink the best coffee, you have to make the best coffee. (Don’t skip any steps!) The proof is in your cup.